Saturday, December 8, 2007

Winding Down

The semester is done. Well, almost done. I only have two finals next week and my chapbook is due on Tuesday. It should be a slow week. I'm just glad everything is almost done. This semester has been relentless, and it'll be nice to just have time to relax and work a few days a week.

Today was nice. Brianne and I went to eat lunch at a Japanese hibachi place (Domo) in Muncie with a few of our mutual friends. The food there is great, plus Brianne freaks the fuck out when the chef makes an onion volcano and catches shit on fire. Plus, he juggles an egg and chops it in half, which is pretty awesome. Jake spilled tons of shit all over himself and Molly, to which Molly responded with a wonderful "I want to sand your face off" look that every woman can bust out at a moments notice. After that, we went to the mall and I pointed out at least 50 million things that I wanted for Christmas. I feel greedy because Brianne has already spent close to a jillion dollars on me, plus I got two presents early.

But Hell, it wouldn't be so hard to resist if the fucking holidays didn't bring out the Scrooge in everyone.

Then we went and got ice cream. And now we're just sitting here, relaxing. I really want to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and watch the Ricky Hatton/Floyd Mayweather fight tonight, but I'm sure that place is going to be a zoo, and I'll want to leave in fifteen seconds because the place will be packed. Plus, going alone won't be too exciting. We'll see though.

I'm sure tonight is going to turn into a sit around and do nothing kind of night. Which is fine with me, because tomorrow is gonna be nothing but chapbook grinding and me working at the library. The 14th can't get here soon enough.

1 comment:

B said...

I don't freak the fuck out. I just get super excited! You know I love fire!

<3