Sunday, December 9, 2007

Being Grateful

I'm not rich. I'm not upper class, or snotty, or anything like that. When I receive something nice, I make sure to say "Thank you." I'm patient when I go out to eat, regardless of how long it takes for me to get my food. I always smile, I'm always cheerful, and I try to make people's interactions with me as easy as possible when I'm at work (even if there a Colts fan.... well, sometimes.)

And the thing that's ironic about it: I'm spoiled. Not on purpose, mind you. My girlfriend spoils me. I don't deserve it, not at all. Sure, it's nice getting fun presents that you don't expect, but still, it's weird for me. I wasn't spoiled as a kid. When I got my Golf on in September of 2002, I cried. I couldn't remember a time that I was ever that happy about getting a present. Not even my Playstation 2.

But maybe when I got Grand Theft Auto III, the video game that changed my life.


Digression....

I just wish people were a little more grateful about things. Example: earlier tonight at work, some uber dyke with a stupid zit-covered face and retarded snow boots comes downstairs flailing like an asshat. She walks up to my desk, exclaiming "Hey dude.... I need a laptop."

I get up, smile and ask, "Would you like a PC or Mac?"

"I don't give a shit. Whatever is fastest, just don't give me one of your old crappy ones."

"Okay...."

So I walk into the back, hoping I'm forced to give her an old piece of shit. I'm thinking to myself What a fucking ungrateful bitch. Christ, you could be in a fucking wheelchair, or retarded. You could not have one of your legs, or have cancer, or be in jail. Or in overseas shoved in a fucking Hummer in 100 degree weather fighting for something you don't even believe in. You're sitting here.... bickering about being able to log onto a computer in three minutes instead of four. Jesus Christ, you miserable wench.

I just can't stand that kind of shit. Like when people come down here and bitch about not being able to check out a black, more "modern" looking pair of headphones as opposed to the brown "Studio 54" replica most people get to use. What is this, a fucking fashion show? They're headphones people. Not a God damn Gucci accessory.

Or when stupid bratty kids scream at their parents because they won't buy them a new toy. I want to run up to them, elbow them right in the throat and body slam them right into a garbage disposal.

I just hate materialism. Sure, people have to buy things in order to be happy, but doesn't anything free make you happy? Like laughing or taking a nap, or a huge shit? Or hugging a family member. Think of it this way, you could be damned to watch The Cure for Insomnia for the rest of your life, a movie that's nothing more then poet L.D. Groban reading his piece of crap poem sharing the same title, occasionally spliced with music videos and uncircumcised boners.

People are worthless.

No comments: