Tuesday, December 11, 2007

OHHHH... You want to lighten the load?

One project down.

I finished my chapbook last night with some help from Ms. B around midnight. The last week has been spent fine tuning all of the literature and editing shit, which was enough to me to never want to look at anything I'm including in the chapbook again. I'm just sick of looking at it.

And I feel the same way about the chapbook, too. inDesign was proving to overcomplicate everything, mainly because my skills with it are limited, so it was senseless for me to sit there and spin my tires while the clock slipped away from me, and nothing got accomplished.

So what did I do then? With some help from Dan, one of my English buddies, I set up a layout in Microsoft Word and pounded out everything in there. Was the process pretty? Not at all. But will the results be pretty? That's yet to be determined. I finished the cover too, and just hope that it turns out well when I take it to get printed and bound later today. I'm not sure how many copies I'm going to initially print, but I'm going to save the files in the Word document format as well as convert it to a PDF is it'll be easier to get new copies made in the future.

Honestly, this book is all I've really cared about, outside of my film essay (which, by the way, turned out pretty well, I just need the grade now DAMN IT). I have three finals, and I could honestly care less about them. Yes, it's that point in the semester where nobody cares. They just want Friday to get here so they can pack everything in their car and go home.

Not me. Friday night is Volkswagen night in Indy with some of my buddies. MMMM, Donato's pizza and root beer. Fuck yes.

1 comment:

B said...

Very proud of the chapbook Mister...

You do nice work :o)

<3 you