Friday, December 28, 2007

I'm crippled.

Since I was about 15, I've had back problems. Nothing too severe. I was originally diagnosed with scoliosis, and an extremely mild case of it, at that. But now, as a 21-year-old, I find myself in the most unabashed pain imaginable. There are days where my back doesn't bother me at all. And there are times like right now, where I'm simply sitting at work in an office chair, and it feels like somebody's digging a high heeled shoe into the small of my back and they continually jump up and down.

Seriously, I can't sit still. I'm constantly moving around, trying to find a comfortable position to sit, but nothing is working. Aleve and shit like doesn't do anything. Heating pads.... ice.... nothing. I try to stretch out my lower back, and pop it, but it only works for a few seconds. I really hate being broke, and without insurance, because I'm fairly certain these issues would be cured with some routine visits to the chiropractor. I'm still on my parents insurance plan, as a full-time college student, but they don't cover chiropratic work. And hell, both my parents have back problems (I know I've voiced my dad's issues on here a few times before) so God knows that it sure would fucking help if I could get something done about it.

Usually I don't complain about whiney problems like this. Like, if I'm sick, I deal with it. It's gone in a few days, anyway. But my back is starting to get unbearable. At this point, it would be weird NOT to have this pain, since I'm so used to living with it on a regular basis, but honestly, this shit needs to stop now. I can't even sit without my back killing me.

Total bull shit.

1 comment:

Writergal said...

I can sympathize, my lower back is a constant source of anguish.
Pilates stretches are about the best way I've found to slightly realign any of it. Bayer Back and Body is pretty good pain relief, and so is the world's hottest bath/shower. Generally, it just sucks. There are days when I'd like to lie down on the floor for 12 hours because its the least painful option.