Friday, October 10, 2008

Reppin' LVWs. October. Holliday pay.

So, let's say your in Louisville this weekend, and need something to do. How about come to the sixth annual LouisvilleVW BBQ? Okay, okay, so you might not care about Volkswagens, or cars, for that matter. Well, you should. It's the most important investmant you'll ever make, next to deciding on what cereal you might eat in the morning.

Trust me, they're a lot of fun. I mean, come on: awesome Volkswagens, delicious beer and barbecue, cool friends, vendors, and you better believe I'll be wearing a costume again this year up in the line of cars that're in the showcase. People are going to see my car and me dressed up and scream out, "Holy crap."

And if not, that's cool, too. They'll probably still be having a bitchin' time.

**

Weather in October is great. Today I woke up at 7 and loafed around for a while. Tangled my legs in bed sheets, licked Brianne's forehead. She dressed and left for work. I put on a t-shirt and walked out onto my balcony. Cold and comfortable. Somebody's mom would say, "the breeze has a bite to it."

It smelled like fall, too. The decay of browning leaves falling onto the ground, creating little piles shaped like islands. People with open wnidows cooking chilli and plooms of hand-rolled cigarette smoke fighting its way through ripped screen doors. When you walk behind my place, stray cats huddle around half-eaten cans of Chicken of the Sea. They whimper and lick the dirty underside of their paws.

**

So, now that my probationary period at work is up (you know, the first few months or so), my accrual for holliday pay, vacation time and sick pay has started, it makes me feel kind of old. Like.... only your parents are supposed to want vacation time. Whatevs.

No comments: