Friday, October 24, 2008

People I didn't know wrote poetry. Not flushing toilets. Fellating my own ego.

You remember Boy Meets World, right? Everyone's favorite sitcom on ABC's TGIF. So since I'm a Wikipedia addict, I started reading through bios on some of my favorite shows from when I was a bit younger, and found out Shawn (real name Rider Strong) has actually had some poetry published. Read it here.

I mean, I wouldn't put him up there with some of my favorite poets, but you better believe when I was a kid stuffing my face with cheddar flavored popcorn, avoiding the crushed, nasty burnt bits of seed and black at the bottom of the bowl, then chasing it with a mouthful of Surge, it never came across that Rider Strong actually wrote poetry. That'd be like thinking Diana Ross was a professional wrestler, or Peter O' Toole was one of the original B-boys in one of the five bouroughs.

The urge to critique Rider Strong's poetry is blowing my mind like an axe kick to the teeth by Prince Albert. Er, the wrestler. Not the dick ring.


Fuck that. But either way... Rider Strong writes poetry. I want to do some sick workshops and drink pale ale with him, the aforementioned Peter O' Toole, and DJ Kool Hurc.

**

I can't stand when I walk into a bathroom and see piss or poop into a toilet. It turns my stomach. I want to print a huge sign that says, "Every bathroom isn't your kindergarten bathroom." Every guy would read it and be like, "That sign is so right. I'm going to flush this fucking toilet."

**

So, I think other people need to read my blog. It'd make me feel great. Like running up at a 90 degree angle Fred Astaire style. Like being the first cro-man to start a fire with sticks, or somebody's mom making a bad ass pan of brownies, and you just happened to get off the bus just in time to get the first one. Uh, yeah. Feel free to link my words. If you do, post up a comment or something.

I'm listening to this at work:

No comments: