Monday, October 13, 2008

The greatest. Day off.



If you say you like poetry, even a little bit, and didn't think that video was extremely bad-ass, there's definitely something wrong with you. Listen to his music, buy his albums. Go to concerts. You really don't have a choice in the matter.

Also, this is the reason why you shouldn't try to pee outside a night club or bar, no matter how drunk you are. Run into a neighbors yard or something. Or just use your pants. You can always wash them.

** 

I'm laying in bed naked. It's 9 in the morning and my day off. Nothing's planned. Maybe a walk. Maybe playing fetch with the dog. I'll throw her ball five times, and then she'll sit under a tree and chew at the grass until I get the mail and tell her we're going inside. I miss friends in Muncie. I miss sitting in a class room and reading other people's literature. Now that I'm done with school, and just use the Internet to find things, I keep finding myself returning to things that I like. 

There hasn't been a challenge for my leisure reading, and it's making my writing worse. I feel like my "skills" and ambition are regressing. I'm too worried about work and money and cars to sit at my laptop for an hour and write a story, kind of like I did in my last post. These are things that people worry about, though. 

Still naked, still in bed. Still have the lower half of my legs wrapped up in a down comforter without a cover on it. Still feel the sharp edges of feathers scratching my heels and calves. Why do I have an air conditioner on in October? I'm going to take a shower in a minute. Stare at my balls while water falls on my face for 10 minutes.



No comments: