Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Us Featuring C.R.

I spent last night with three of the greatest people on the face of the planet. Kris called me around 2 and let me know he'd be carting C.R. over to my house. They got here.... we played some Bomberman on the Wii. I won, which isn't much of a surprise. We partook in some good swearing, and my Dad got to laugh at the Hitler and Ru Paul Mii characters that were on my console.

After Kris and I played a round of Tiger Woods golf, we stopped at Taco Bell and stuffed our faces with quesadillas and other unofficial Mexican cuisine. It was one of those new fancy Taco Bells that's almost too clean to be considered fast food. Either way, the food was great and caused me to gain four pounds.

Next was the best part of our day: sitting around doing NOTHING. We did nothing, absolutely nothing. It was great, just like in high school. I should stress that we spent many a weekends playing Magic and spending co
untless hours getting our minds sucked out through the television over weekends, not to mention or fabled and now legendary "Unreal Tournament 2004" party, in which we played the game for three days straight and ate nothing but frozen pizza and A&W. We had fun watching TV, swearing, telling socially unacceptable jokes, and of course, several rounds with our good friend cannabis sativa.

Sometimes it kills me that I'm growing up, and these guys aren't a more focal point of my life anymore. It's been one of the hardest things about growing up, knowing that no matter how hard you try, gaining responsibility and just getting older might drive a wedge between you and your friends. I love days like yesterday, though. It was a blast. If it was up to me, I'd force Kris, Tenchi, and C.R. to move to Muncie.












"Us Featuring C.R." as seniors in high school,on top of
Tenchi's house. The house with the infinite amount of food.
Note that I had my afro, my glorious mountain of hair
(blue shirt on the right.)

1 comment:

B said...

that's a great picture.