Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oh, look how steep that drop is.

So, how about we play mother and child and I can tell you what I learned today?

Sound good? Alright.

**

You need to save that Fudge Round and eat it after the chicken pita is just crumbs and the bag of chips is just a bag split open at the bottom. This is the part of the week where I eat lunch at 10. That way, I don't get hungry at work.

Okay, that last part was a lie. I always get hungry at work. There's also a point during my day where I look at the clock and force myself to find things to do. It's the lull, the tide is fifty yards out part of the day. The store is empty and all you have is one running Xerox humming and dropping the bypass tray down so it can hold 1,000 copies.

I stock pens, I dust things without dust. Sometimes I'll go in the bathroom, sit on a toilet and send text messages. Yesterday, I pretended like I was sending packages to a bunch of different countries and cities and got myself a shipping rate. Don't send anything to Africa. It's way expensive.

**

Some people write fiction well. Other people write poetry well. I can't do either. Raymond Carver could do both. I think that's why he's one of my favorites.

Bam. That's proof. That's a fantastic poem. Don't even try talking shit, because you'll end up frustrating yourself .

Remember those two collections of Carver lit I bought a few weeks back? Yeah, those. I'm still chugging along. It's been enjoyable. I've found myself able to read them and go, "Uh huh, I like this," when something exciting happens, instead of, "Oh yeah, I see what he did there." At some point, I'd like to get back to the second one. Not right now, though.

**



You love that.  We both love that.

No comments: