Thursday, January 8, 2009

Great quote. Last night dominated like the '76 Reds. I will open your ass with great force, so stop screaming.

I had a customer in the store today for about 90 minutes. She just left. She was here faxing insurance information. We literally talked about everything. I just wrote a list of everything we talked about, and it included everything in the world.

Before she left, she said this:

"Working third shift messes up your entire body. And it makes you ugly."

She speaks the truth like a preacher wishes they could.

**

Last night was one of the most epic nights imaginable. More epic than Godzilla. The reading was fantastic. Everyone had great literature to share. When I got to Muncie, I went straight to the mall and bought a pair of shoes to quell my fashion vagina. Also, I wore my Blue Jays hat, which made me want to drive right back to the mall and buy a few new hats.

Dan Bailey was drunk. He drank some Mickey's and a Zatec, which is probably the oldest beer in the land. I think the label said, "Since 1006," which is equivilant to drinking brown holy water. We walked from Motini's through the streets, and Dan was screaming like a ghost was inside his body. He was also displaying some sick agility, which probably led him to say, "I'm the most agile person in the world." Dan also said ass nuts a few times during the night, which was fantastic.

I read 8 poems, two of them I wrote that day. I'm not sure how the audience felt. A lot of people stared at me like I had a leg growing out of my face. I cracked some jokes when I read, and I think people may have liked those more than my poetry. I remember making an analogy that the stomach pain I felt due to the beer that was consumed "Pre-reading," was somewhere in the neighborhood of my dad getting ass raped by a cybernetic man.

Despite being totally pumped that Muncie greeted me with tons of fanfare and great people, I found myself not wanting to leave again. I missed all the potholes. I missed living in a shitty apartment with shitty people that do shitty things and leave their shitty dishes in the sink for me to not clean the shitty things off of them. It's pushing me closer to wanting to apply to graduate schools for next year. I had been throwing around the idea of taking the Praxis so I can get an emergency teaching license, and then take the necessary courses to get my Secondary Education license and teach high school. I still might do that, but reading my poems for twenty minutes made me want to get back in a classroom and write poems all day.

I miss that a lot.

**

I'm making myself write a poem a day again. Otherwise, I feel like I'm wasting my life.

Sorry, I have to end this thought because a prick just walked into my store and I'm going to disembowel him and use his face as a urinal.

1 comment:

DB said...

that night made me miss how muncie used to be.