Thursday, May 8, 2008

Feelings

I can't sleep.

I tried writing a poem today and it gave me this weird, uncomfortable feeling. Like when you're in a room with complete strangers and you don't want to talk to anyone. That feeling just overcame me again, and it's kind o making me sick to my stomach, too. The feeling was just awkward, like I had no idea what I was doing. I tried writing the poem about alphabet soup, and nothing was making sense. 

I rewrote the same few lines like ten times, and it felt like the poem just kept getting worse. And I got some poems rejected. It usually doesn't bother me, but the same person has accepted my poetry before, so that gave me an uneasy feeling, too.

I dunno, the weather sucked today, and it just made everything crappy. Even work was crappy, but I think that's just because I was so fucking bored with nothing to do. Every one of these paragraphs begins with the word 'I.'

Except this one.

No comments: