Wednesday, March 4, 2009

This sounds way corny, but my life is a poem. Yours is, too.

Let's break our lives down
into the individual words we've said.
Then,
things might make more sense.

The first time I had sex would be
a six word sentence
filled with interjections and a whole
lot of prepositions.

Okay, it's yeahhh,
it's in. I told the girl
she was amazing at least fifteen times,
I hope she felt that way about me.
She never said it, though. She didn't say much.
She stared through, yes, not at,
but through my dick, like a telescope.
I wanted to know exactly what she
saw or how she felt about what we were doing.
Sex is a business,
but it'll never go under,
because you give somebody something
like virginity or an STD
and you'll never get it back.
It's a gift-giving party, it's
everyone's birthday when you have sex.
Everyone who's having sex
is having a birthday right now.

I chose to listen to the Doors. Movies
make it seem like sex and music go
hand in hand. This must suck for
noise bands. Nobody will ever
rip sheets and stain bedspreads
to their kackle.

So back to words.
My sex life is six words
and yours could be a novel
or a slightly longer sentence
and if this means nothing to you,
well I'm sorry. This poem will mean something
to somebody, regardless of how they feel
about sex or me or poems.
They're going to injest these words
like a dustpan skimming the floor
of a closed bar, scooping up bent bottle caps
and mushy gum
that fell out of lesbian-make-out-mouths.
Go ahead, trademark that last line,
it won't bother me any, just words right?

Some people are great with words,
their words turn into poems.
If an indivdual could own words,
James Wright would own plenty.
He knew what order to put them in,
seemingly at any time. I'm sure he wrote
bad poems, too,
but they were still filled with words
in the write order.
That's all poetry is.

No comments: