Saturday, March 28, 2009

Doin' jump kicks and parlor tricks while wearing spurs

So, updates happened sparingly, almost not at all. Lately, they've happened regularly. I needed perspective. I needed to miss the blogs I read, so I stopped blogging. It never occurred to me how that was supposed to grant me perspective or distance from anything. In fact, it alienated me.

Things have changed. Like cars and girlfriends. Both are new. Both made me reexamine what love is. At this point, I'm not entirely sure how to love either. I'm trying, though, which is probably the most important factor.

But yeah. New things, lots of them. I might be getting a promotion at work. New (better) schedule. New store. More money, maybe? Won't count on any of those.

My dad's not working as much. Thanks economy. He doesn't like to be bored, so he sits at home and stretches all day and makes faces at the TV. He just wants to work. He's a truck driver, and sometimes I thnk they're more important than doctors or politicians. I want to see what my dad looks like driving a semi through a mountain range. He probably looks furious and has the tip of a cigar hanging from between his lips. This image would be a great album cover.

Visual supplements of change:

78' Rabbit ABA Turbo. Fast. Green. Roll cage. Turbo. Wooshing. Backfire.

Gorgeous.

Also notice that I cut all of my hair off. It happens. I was well overdue. I don't think I'm ever going to let my hair get long again.

I think I said that at one point before. I'm a liar.

I'd like to go to Muncie soon. I need some sort of vacation again. This makes me a terrible long distance runner. I'd need to stop four times during a race to sit in a lawn chair and drink from a straw.

Oh well, I'm good at other things.

No comments: