Monday, February 16, 2009

Today is music day on this blog. Plus other things.

I'm going to go through my iTunes and rate random albums accompanied by a paragraph or just a few words or maybe a sentence. I'm not sure.

Madvillain: Madvillainy 
10 out of 10

This albums is perfect, absolutely, 100% perfect.  I bought it for nine bucks at a used record store and completely lost it. Your first listen is like eating your favorite cereal, and every single bite is crunchy.  What I love is that this actually operates like an album. There are no singles. It's a story, a narrative. It's bad guys versus good guys and I wouldn't have it any other way. The best hip-hop album of the last 10 years.



The Black Dahlia Murder: Nocturnal
7.4 out of 10

Close, but not quite. It's fast and hard. "What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse" is an epic metal single. But other than that, the album runs together like under-the-hood fluids in a parking lot fender bender.


Blur: 13
9.0 out of 10

Blur made one bad album. It wasn't this it.

**

I got tired of that a lot faster than I thought I would. Rating music makes me feel uptight. Still, I like recommending things. We need to just share musical tastes.

I have no idea where this blog is going anymore.



No comments: