Saturday, August 30, 2008

Kidney story. Thoughts. Muncie. Poem.

I started on a story that's told from the perspective of a kidney. It's in a cooler awaiting to be transplanted into a new body. Exciting.

Sometimes I tell myself that thinking is more important than writing. But that's only sometimes. Right now, I think that thought is total bull shit.

I'll be in Muncie tomorrow evening after I'm done working to visit a friend that's getting ready to move to Germany. I'll miss her.

Here's a poem:

There is a ghost from November
burnt into tan grass.
Like the outline of a lake
seen from an airplane, 
its shores are naked 
from tide.
Overturned row boat, fish scales
bugs and boot prints filled with water.

It's a ghost from November
that's a ghost because of
what's there.



1 comment:

DB said...

that's a cool story idea. what are you going to be doing in muncie? when are you leaving? i get off work sometime between 10 and 11 pm. give me a call if you want to get a beer or something.