Sunday, March 9, 2008

Smash Brothers Brawl

Finally. After several delays, countless hours of speculation, and having to sit through watching tons of Japanese footage that was still days away.... Smash Brothers Brawl has finally hit US shores. And what am I doing to celebrate?

I'm working.

Not by choice, mind you. My boss thought it'd be great to make me work, because three other people signed up to work the 10-2 shift on Sunday, and bailed because it's spring break. So I'm stuck here while my copy of the game sits at home, unopened.

Speaking of Spring Break, SHIT, you could've fooled me that it was that time of the year already! There's eight inches of snow on the ground, ice everywhere, and the temperature is buried below freezing. Wow, great way to spend my ten days off from school. That, and working in this damn library when NOBODY is going to come in because they're out of town.

All of the bull shit aside, I'm still not deterred from playing Smash Brothers. On the contrary, I'm even more excited. I knew the reviews were going to be fantastic, but IGN and GameSpot (my two sources for gaming reviews and information) have both popped equally large digital boners, praising the level of depth and polish in this game.

35 characters? Check
Tons of new levels? Check
Level editor? Check
Touched up graphics? Check
ONLINE PLAY? Check
Revamped single-player mode? Check

Sounds like a plan to me. My God, I cannot wait. Meta Knight, here I come.

1 comment:

Writergal said...

So far I'm loving Pit. No more pesky suicides off the edge or knock-outs. Woot!