Sunday, March 2, 2008

10 Long Days

The semester is really coming into a crunch. Everyone hates the middle part of the semester. Tons of shit is due. Tests and papers are virtually due everyday. The weather keeps jumping around. One day it's 25 degrees outside, the next, you're wearing sandals and a t-shirt. Not to mention, I'm inching closer to graduating and starting my "big boy" job. About five months away right now.

That's just really weird to think about. Not being in school anymore. Sure, the window is wide open to return in a year or two for my Master's, and it's essentially a done deal that it's going to happen. Even so, that time without school is going to be awkward. I was talking about it with one of my English buddies. He was like, "It's just going to be weird when you get home from work, and know that your day doesn't need to keep going. With homework and papers and projects, there's always something on the back burner with school. When you work, all you have is your job. That's it."

I dunno... that's both a relief and a curse. It's nice being in college and having something always pushing you to well, do something. I'm guessing having my 9 to 5 job is going to feel like Summer break for a while. Sure, it's nice not having anything to do, outside of your job, but I can sense that three weeks into it, it'll be stale.

Plus, I have twenty grand in debt staring me in the face. Not to mention, I'll be getting a new car over the summer (God willing), maybe a new place to live. Lots of adjusting, and it's strange thinking that it could take months to adapt. I guess I just got so used to college and its mundane schedule that having a total change-up thrown at me is probably gonna' cause me to whiff once or twice.

Oh well, Spring break is next week, which means I have the GRIMEWAR concert on the 7th, Smash Brothers on the 9th, and an entire week to do NOTHING. Hooray?

No comments: