Sunday, January 20, 2008

(somewhat) Wasted Weekend

After work on Friday, I drove home to my parents' house with Brianne. Even though I was only going to be at my parents' place until late on Saturday, I had planned on getting a lot of shit done:

  • bring home my NA bumpers so I could sell them to Brendin, a local VW kid
  • get new glasses and new shoes for "Fitness Walking"
  • see PT Anderson's new movie There Will Be Blood at the Baxter Theater
Sounds good, right? Everything was going great.... until mile marker 56.5 on Interstate 65. Suddenly, my car jerked, and it started making the "Guess what?! Something just broke noise." I pulled over to the shoulder of the road and got out, only to be greeted by a shredded right front tire. Completely gone. I kneeled down, and looked into the wheel well: the inside seam of the tire was completely bald and gone... one of the steel belts on the inside must've just gave out. Of course.... I told my parents about three months ago I needed to get new tires for my car, and I just needed to get them while I was up in Muncie, but of course, a necessity always gets pushed to the backburner in the Minutillo family. 

I called AAA. The lady was nice.... plus we only had to wait about 40ish minutes for the rollback to get to us. Although, it sure was a chore seeing the guy try to get my car up onto the rollback. Luckily, Euro VR6 lips are fucking indestructible. It bent at a 90 degree angle... but didn't break. Plus, the ride with the guy was fun... him and I talked about cars and shit. Brianne was totally enamored that we were in a tall car... so she wanted to touch all the shit inside. I'm glad she didn't... something was bound to break.

So my car gets towed to Ken Towery, a service/tire place filled with enough backward-ass, inbred pieces of shit to recreate Deliverance eleven times over. They only had ONE brand of tire that fits my Golf, so I got stuck with two piece of shit tires that I completely had to overpay for, but the car can actually move again.

This crap kinda put me out of the mood to do anything. I forgot to mention that before I even left... my bumpers wouldn't fit in my car, so I couldn't sell those. Strike. I couldn't get my new glasses. Strike.  And, I was too sad to drive in the shitty weather 20ish miles to go see a movie. Strike.

I did, however, get my new shoes for walking. That was a plus. And Brianne bought me the new Geometry Wars game for the Wii, which kicks an unnecessary amount of ass. We got to spend time at home with my parents, and Heidi and just relax, which is always nice. Definitely didn't get everything accomplished that I had wanted to, but it was still a nice break, this past week was fairly busy. Plus, no class tomorrow. All I have to do is work for four hours, then get to spend the rest of the day getting head in Poetry, Non-Fiction, and the stinkin' Flannery O' Connor class.

/vomit


1 comment:

B said...

BUT we saw a million GameStops, ate at a real Chick-a-Filet, and got to watch me lose within 5 seconds of every Mario world.

So that part was fun...AND it was our first big adventure!

<3