Thursday, July 23, 2009

Plugs/blowing a few egos plus other things

Check out Robert Woolley's stuff. He understands. Fantastic pictures. See, like I don't know the conventional wisdom for photography. I might understand what makes a picture better than another picture, but I can't express it.

However, he can.

**

Welp, you can also check out this. You can't fake this shit. You just can't. Especially around the two-minute mark. J. Mascis' guitar goes church choir during the sermon. Eyes straight forward, hands on the lap. But the rhythm section plucks along, negotiating around the pocket of nothing.

Absolutely epic piece. Top 10 song ever. Period. Tear the genre walls down, this song is king. It's school house bully dominating the monkey bars.'

**

Probably the best thing I've read today can be found here. In case you didn't hear, or just don't care about sports (and if that's the case, I've got a giant fuck you sitting between my legs), Mark Buehrle pitched his second career no-hitter. Oh, and this one just happened to be a perfect game, only the 18th time this has happened since 1900. Yup, there've been a lot of baseball games played between then and now.

Phew. I still DO want to know how he does it. I will definitely say this: if Mark Buehrle pitches at this consistent level for another 6-8 more years, he definitely deserves real consideration for the Hall of Fame, and I'm not talking Brady Anderson or David Justice consideration.

**

Way too much going on. Not enough words to explain it. I move Saturday. Updates will probably come sparingly or even in great waves, depending on the internet situation. I feel like internet should've been capitalized. Oh well.

No comments: