Sunday, July 12, 2009

Doom ship captain cackles overhead

I'm going to sit here in the dark and tell myself that every little thing is alright.

I'll fashion a big black rocking horse and ride it with a smile on my face.

I'll drink water until my stomach bloats, then eat bread to soak it up. I'll go hungry for days and be full.

I hope to God there's not a sinkhole that swallows my car while I'm driving to a new home.

When I wake up tomorrow, my entire body is going to feel like it's filled with sand. I'll walk with a hitch. I'll take eight steps to the bathroom, relieve myself, and stare into the mirror wondering why I never notice the hair on my face grow.

When I look outside, I wish the moon was close enough to touch then push away whenever it made me feel uncomfortable. I feel the same way about you.

There are times when I'm at work and I coil. Freeze, lock up. Stop thinking and just exhibit motions.

Right now I wish Sunday nights were a house so I could burn them down then drive away in a fishtailing car.

I want to go to sleep not knowing if I'll wake up. But when I do wake up the next morning, I can whisper finally to myself and breathe in until my chest hurts.

I wish I had this kind of flow and this kind of mind:



We can bag us a 'Benz and an Audi, too.


**

Done.

No comments: