Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I want to have this kind of power, or at least succumb to it.


Could you imagine being in front of that stage, trying to comprehend that kind of power? Deer in the headlights, maybe? Sideswiped by a drunk at the bar with a half-opened palm/fist concoction that makes your face all kneaded dough. Yeah, I really can't either. Hell, this picture is making it hard for me to breathe. I'd imagine each chord would melt the fibers wound together to make the strings on their instruments, then float through the air like some Noble gas, downing people like the plague until it got to my skin and made tiny cuts, Crucifixion whip-style, until only air was being pumped through my veins.

**

Lots of new music lately. I'm going to wager that....50% of it was produced by DJ Premier, 10% is from England, 15% was produced between 1980-1986, and the rest can't be categorized with really generic stats like that.

Okay, I use ellipses a lot. Sue me. Please, take me to court for it. It annoys me that I do it. But, it's like, I do it as a way to carry a train of thought.

**

So, I'm going on vacation with the lady. July 3rd through the 7th. Kansas City, then Chicago. Umm, barbecue? Yeah. Pizza, and hot dogs? Ikea? Maybe a baseball game? Yes. Lake Michigan with shopping? Duh.

Somebody please, I need a new job. It's a sinking ship.

No comments: