Saturday, November 1, 2008

Thinking up band and song names is fun. People are onions.

True statement. Yesterday, I got home from work and wrote songs. A few. I opened a blank Word file and just started typing. Some of the songs were about dogs, I wrote one about a mountain. They probably suck. I mean, it's hard to judge a song just by the lyrics. Tonight I'm going to write a song, or maybe a short story or poem, about being the fire fighter who has to drive from the back of the truck. You know, the part with the huge ass ladder that's steered by the two tires. That guy's probably really lonely. Could you imagine driving to a fire, knowing that somebody's entire life could be burning, and you have no way to express those feelings with anyone else? Fuck talking on their headsets... I want to see people's emotions.

Last week, I made a post on my Volkswagen club's site about my chapbook, just to see if anyone would be interested in getting a copy. Within two days, seven people said they wanted a copy. This is twice as many people who wanted my last chapbook. For something like this, 50 percent is a great thing.

So anyway... writing a song takes like five minutes, maybe. All I could think about was what to call the songs. You can write a shitty song, but if the title is alright, people are still going to give it a few listens before they forget the song is on their iTunes playlist.

I want to think of the most perfect band name or song title ever. Shark Dick. Clapping Thighs. Who knows?

**

This is a fantastic idea, but I'm probably the 14,000th person to think about it. People aren't onions, though, because if they were, I'd sprinkle them on my chilli and go to town.

No comments: