Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Doing things.

There are a lot of things I should be doing, like packing so I can move back to Southern Indiana and finishing work for my Senior Seminar. Instead, I want to talk about music. Everyone should want to talk about music! It's exciting stuff.

What's sad about music is that there are too many albums that people don't listen to. And most people like to make that the 'cool' aspect about music as an art form: they go out of their way to find a sound that's obscure, or an artist/group that isn't popular, and claim them their own.

Imagine some jerk wearing a stupid solid-colored t-shirt with jeans that don't fit and his dad's shoes, and he says something like: "Hey! Band X is great. You haven't heard of them, they're my band. They're my band because you haven't heard of them and I have!" You want to punch that jerk in the face because his jeans don't fit, but he's arrogant, too! Nobody likes arrogance.

Lucky for you, all of my jeans fit, and my shirt actually has two colors on it, so you can rest assured that me endorsing this album is a good thing!


Wow! Blue Cheer's first album, from 1968! If you need a label for the sound, we'll call it proto-metal. Kinda' psychedelic. They were from San Francisco, so that makes sense, right? Either way, it's a great album, great enough that I'd recommend it to you. Just in case you don't want to buy the whole album, spend 99 cents on iTunes and download the single "Out of Focus."

Do it! Quit wasting time. I'm going to be a responsible student and finish my homework. I think I'm going to get some Qdoba later, so if you're in Muncie, let's go together.

2 comments:

B said...

i hope you didn't get qdoba without me...

B said...

ps: and I listened to some of their music i found links too...and i liked it :)