Sunday, December 21, 2008

I want to be that raw throat inside you that makes it uncomfortable to talk or breathe

My beard is getting long. It was helpful today. I was outside and with the windchill, the temperature dipped below zero around 2. I brought a new Jetta home today. A new old Jetta. New to me. Old to the previous owner. This Jetta will run again someday soon. I want to paint this Jetta a fantastic color, make it loud and unavoidable to anyone who's interested in it. Bringing a new car home was like a middle-aged single mother adopting a foreign infant, and rocking it to sleep while singing songs in a language the baby will never understand.

Only some parts of my body are cold. Like my right upper arm. And my back. Everything else is pretty warm.

I want to be a football coach whose face turns red from yelling on a cold day. I'll grab the quarterback by his facemask and get spit on his face when I make it clear to him that he needs to have more poise. He'll hate the word poise when I use it and he'll use my emotions as a sparring partner. I'll want to punch his face or choke him in front of everyone so I can make something an example of masculinity or toughness. There will be no winner or loser.

I've met everyone of my Facebook friends at least once. It's scary seeing just part of their face in the small squares. I don't want to meet any of those people and say, "Hey, you look different than you look on Facebook." That's not a flattering thing to say, even if it's true.

Capicola on sesame bread was for dinner. That yellow cake with chocolate frosting was for dessert, but I ate it first. The meat was so thin it was see-through. One of the seeds was stuck in my teeth up until I wrote that last sentence. I drank Sprite, but it was kind of flat.

I just took like a twenty minute brake from writing this post. I'm watching a commercial with some guy washing a dog's face in a sink. The dog didn't even look dirty. Oh well, most of us bathe when we feel dirty. Apparently there's a new Robocop movie coming out, which makes me feel dirty. It's time to shower.

No comments: