Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sad News

Writer David Foster Wallace was found dead in his home on Friday. You can read about it here.

Fucking sucks.

Not much writing has been going on lately. Tons of Volkswagen things, which may not be important to you, but it's important to me. Lots of working, too. Sometimes at work I make pretend customer profiles in our Pre-Production Assistant and imagine what kinds of products they can make. I pretend they're mad because their thumbdrive won't open. Taking off the cap, chewing it in a circle. Drawing backwards when it cuts their gums.

They're mad, but I finish their project. I bind their pages. In color. Double-sided color on legal-sized cardstock. EC4 cardstock, color code for Sea Spray. Kind of a periwinkle with black and tan speckles. A bird's egg or fragment of stone at the bed of a creek. Or stuck in the tread of an ATV tire.

I have a former professor who blogs here. You should read his blog. I like when he writes about nachos. I had nachos a last week at work because a new Mexican restaurant, Senor Iguanas, moved in behind us in the shopping center. We ran them some copies of their take-home menu on green paper, so they gave us some free food.

Good nachos, sorry there's no picture. I'd say the only real weakness was the fact there wasn't enough cheese. The refried beans got hard really fast and the chips were soggy like newspaper spinning in an open sewer drain after a storm. Still good, though. 

Read his blog, read about Volkswagens, and do some writing. 'Cuz I said so.

No comments: