Thursday, June 21, 2007

Horse Sticker

So, that title has nothing to do with this post. Yup.

Essentially, this summer has been a wash so far. I'm not working 40 hours, thanks to the restaurant I work at not being able to afford to pay anyone for more than 25ish hours of labor. I shot myself in the foot by not going home and working at Home Depot, knowing full well I would've been working 40 hours a week and been pulling home 600 dollars a pay check to boot, which is about twice as much as I make on one now, and since me finding another job seems to be next to impossible at this point, I'm being forced to bite the bullet and stay at BoB's through the rest of the summer, at the earliest.

My 21st birthday is coming up soon. July 2nd to be exact. I'm usually not one to get excited about birthday's. This neck of the woods isn't too enamored by huge expensive presents and getting completely tanked as an appropriate way to celebrate the day I climbed out of my mom's snatch. Heck, this year probably isn't going to be any different then year's past. At this point, I know that only two of my Muncie pals (one being my girlfriend, the other...Red) even know that my birthday is in 9 days, so I'm expecting to wake up on July 2nd, get a phone call from my parents and probably my grandmother, and then go about the rest of the day like nothing else is happening.

If it was up to me, I'd wake up, get stoned (HA! Notice how I said I didn't want to get "drunk" on my birthday earlier in this post. Never said ANYTHING about recreational marijuana use), play the Wii with Jake and Kris, if he can make his way up here from Bloomington, eat Taco Bell, play with Juice, and fall asleep. That'd be great. Spending time with the people I care about on my birthday is really the only thing I care about, but again, I'm going to toss all of my chips on the "not going to happen" spot on the roulette table. Hell, half of them are home from the summer, or working huge hours. Oh yeah, not to mention, half of them aren't speaking to me right now, for reasons I can't fully comprehend, but this blogspace isn't the time nor place to discuss that bag of fun.

Oh well, there are still some huge Volkswagen shows that I'll be attending this year. Midwest Dubfest should be awesome in late July. Plus, it's in Indianapolis, so I won't get COMPLETELY left behind when I cruise down there with the VR6 crew. Later this summer we have Treffen in Chicago, H20 International in September, and my absolute FAVORITE European car show, DubDash, in October.

Oh, and I finally got to do an acceptable job of cleaning my car yesterday. I'll post visual proof later today.


Each day has been a giant wave of shit flying all over the place. I'm still blown away that it hasn't capsized my ship yet. (terrible figurative language)

End.

1 comment:

B said...

get excited...because I have planned the best birthday ever, and you aren't even going to know what hit you.